CULT of the CONTEMPORARY
Live Art Auction
MAY 20TH, 2011

Search This Blog

About

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Get this thing off of me!






Get this thing off of me!
Artist: Cameron Lee
Medium: Assemblage: readymade porcelain figurine, plastic zip-ties
Dimensions: 8" x 6" x 4


There is a sense of anonymity to the work I currently make. I am interested in artwork that suggests a self-composition, or perhaps a collaborative dialogue between found objects and artist. The use of readymade objects is a canon of Modernist art (Duchamp). This history acts as a launch-pad for further exploration. Serendipity and playful experimentation alter an otherwise academic approach. With the inclusion of aspects from film, globalization, popular and consumer culture, multiple readings and entry points are available to the audience. My work is a series of distinct characters embodying a familiar, yet strange world.

No comments:

Post a Comment